Sunday, April 1, 2012

Janine and the Dream of Horses

Yesterday turned into an impromptu adventure, and I'm so pleased that it did! I was visiting my parents and found out that we'd be spending a portion of the day babysitting my sister's boyfriend's daughter, Kennedy.
That's my Mom with her at Southern States =)
She's SO freaking adorable, and she was SET on seeing some baby chickens after my mom told her there were some at her job. Hearing a two year old screaming happily about "babie chickes" is was enough to make my heart break when we found the chicks hadn't arrived yet.


But good news everyone! My mom's awesome coworker lives on a LOT of land and owns 5 horses!


This place was just so gorgeous...
The look on this little cutie's face when the horses ate treats right out of her hand just ruined me. And her delayed and ridiculously precious "whee" as she rode around on a horse for the first time...just what anyone needs to put a smile on their face for the rest of the day.


Kennedy meets Lily!
This trip also reminded me of the fact that I reeeeally miss riding horses. I used to take riding lessons when I was pretty young, but my parents made me quit when my trainer switched me to a bigger horse that could easily throw me and break my tiny body into a million pieces. Needless to say, riding again made me pretty happy too ^_^



Anyways, just thought I'd share! I honestly was just expecting a quiet day at home with my parents, but I'm glad we were impulsive and ended up having a super awesome day =) Hope you guys had great weekends as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment