Saturday, April 7, 2012

Thrifting Haul!

So I recently bought some of the coolest stuff to use for future projects, and I got all of them for a total of only about $12!


My haul! Well, minus 1 book and 2 maps that I forgot to put in this picture...
All in all, this is what I got:
-4 LPs with their album covers, plus the smaller Xanadu LP
-A cool yellow-green coffee mug
-5 books, including a book of poems and sketches, just a random old book because I have a strange obsession with old books, a children's book filled with drawings of the cutest bunny I've ever seen, another children's story book with some really classic illustrations, and a silly joke book about butt rot and bottom gas (couldn't resist)
-A plain, wood picture frame that I can't wait to paint ^_^
-2 National Geographic inserts with awesome animal illustrations


These items are providing me with endless inspiration right now. I have a few favorites...


Been thinking so much lately about the possibility of moving to Chicago in my near future, so I had to grab this album cover...
This tiny book, Pages of Angels, is full of really cool poems and sketches. Only cost me a dollar at the library book sale, and I can't wait to use some of the pages in craft projects!
I'm not a huge fan of the color (might have to repaint this one), but I love how unique this mug is!
I love the idea of just framing album covers to use as wall art, especially for only 50cents apiece! Use frames you find at Goodwill for a totally cheap but beautiful piece of decoration. I bought the West Side Story one for my mom since it's her favorite musical =)


Also, this:
SO FREAKING CUTE

No comments:

Post a Comment