Monday, April 23, 2012

Tuesday Tunes - Oceanship



I've known about this band for a while now, although I only recently started listening to their album in its entirety. I have played the second song, Hotblack, about a million times on my iTunes, and I have watched the official music video maybe just as many times. The video is so unique and, I dunno, it just makes me feel very emotional for some reason.


Photo from Vimeo

I'm not entirely sure what message the video and song are supposed to send, but I'm the kind of person who likes to just experience music by going with whatever it makes me feel. Part of the reason I chose this song for my blog is because I'm actually really curious about what other people think of this video in particular, since I'm not sure if it's supposed to be funny or tortured. Maybe a little of both?


I really meant to listen to the entire album before posting this, so I sort of fail at giving a full recommendation for this band, but since Hotblack was enough to get my ears majorly perked a year or so ago, I think it will be enough of a push for you to give the rest of their music a listen too. From what I HAVE heard so far, the album has a very....earthy feel? Maybe I'm just getting that from the opening song with its rainfall background. There's also a lot of piano accompaniment in the first few songs, which I always love. Either way, I can't wait to listen to the whole thing - I am attempting to take Brad Lyons' (frontman) advice and listen to it all in order in one fell swoop. Take the emotional roller coaster and experience the whole story Oceanship.


Pic from Oceanship Website

You can listen to all of their songs on the official website =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment