Saturday, March 31, 2012

Artsy Farty Fridays - Polymer Clay Bracelet

Delighted Momma is one of my favorite blogs for DIY projects, and so I decided to give one of her polymer clay crafts a try! I followed her pretty simple instructions and finished up with something kinda cute!


Materials:
1. Sculpey, 2. Exacto Knife/Razor blade, 3. Sandpaper (not pictured)

Knead the Sculpey color of your choice (I probably should've picked a color that less resembled poop..) and then roll it into a tube. *Tip: measure your wrist or use another bangle as a guide so you don't make the bracelet too large or small!

From here on, I pretty much just followed Delighted Momma's tutorial to the letter. I will say that I wish I had used a razor like the one pictured on her blog since it allowed for more varied and angled cuts.


I am absolutely, 100% a beginner at this sort of stuff, and I know I could probably have made a much better quality bracelet if I'd had experience making jewelry or working with polymer clay before (it's tricky to know exactly how to handle that stuff). BUT, I'm still pretty happy with my little hand-made bangle =) 


This is how it turned out after I sanded it down some ^_^


Perhaps I'll spice it up by mixing this project with another of Delighted Momma's DIYs by wrapping some colored thread around portions of the bracelet, but I'm not sure yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment