Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tuesday Tunes - BOY




I first saw this song posted on another blog (JK JK), and I followed the advice to “take a moment and breathe this in.”  This song really is just…so simply beautiful. The original is also really good, I just have a soft spot for acoustic versions. I did a little digging (read: did 1 Google search) and found the band’s official website, which loads to a full window video of their song “Little Numbers”. 



This song and video are SO CUTE, and I now officially adore this band. I mean, who doesn’t love a video montage of beaches, miniature pianos, children playing with chalk, and lots of sunshine, all set to a cheerful tune about “all the pretty things that we could do”? I also found that this Swiss-German duo, made up of singer Valeska Steiner and accompanist Sonja Glass, writes all of their songs in English, a fact that I love because the lyrics of the two songs I’ve mentioned are simple, playful, and leave you wanting more.

I’m no expert at articulating in words how I feel about music, but I do know to say that this band’s sound has definitely caught my attention. Two uniquely beautiful women making uniquely beautiful music…what’s not to love?

1 comment:

  1. plus that second video was shot in barcelona, looks like. :D love!

    ReplyDelete